Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
Search  Recent News  Archives  Web   for    
Entertainment
  •  Columnists
  •  Books
  •  Celebrities
  •  Comics
  •  Events
  •  Horoscopes
  •  Movies
  •  Music
  •  Restaurants
  •  Stage
  •  Television
  •  Visitors Guide


LISTINGS


 •Art
 •Clubs
 •Dining
 •Events
 •Movies
 •Music
 •Stage
 •TV


7-DAY ARCHIVE


 •Monday
 •Tuesday
 •Wednesday
 •Thursday
 •Friday
 •Saturday
 •Sunday

winstuff!
Win free movie passes and more

Back to Home > 

Fringe Dwellers

Pioneer Press writers will be reviewing dozens of shows during this year's Fringe Festival. While traipsing from show to show, they'll have eyes and ears open to notable moments, odd encounters and unusual events. Those observations will be recorded here.






Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hey! Brand-name actors!

I walk into the Acadia Cafe for my Phyro-Giants, my very first Fringe show, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an Equity actor! Philip Callen, a familiar face for devotees of the Great American History Theatre, Thirst Theatre and other shops.

And look! Sitting practically next to him is Michael Paul Levin, a guy who's worked at practically every theater in town. There they are, right up there on stage!

Fringe, for me, is largely about seeing people I've never seen before doing work I'm not familiar with. This bracing rush of familiarity leads me to believe that this may be a most unusual Fringe indeed.

Dominic P. Papatola

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home